Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Yorktown High School is a top rated, public school located in Yorktown Heights, NY. It has 1,128 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Yorktown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus201 Students
- grade A+151 Students
- grade A minus145 Students
- grade A+119 Students
- grade A117 Students
- grade A+115 Students
- grade A112 Students
- grade A minus93 Students
- grade A+93 Students
- grade A92 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responses
- The Crop, Pep Rally, Mr. Yorktown37%
- Pep rally, formal, the crop21%
- Home coming and prom12%
- Spirit Week9%
- Dance Company5%
- I do not enjoy any of the school events.4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$27,345 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 47 responses
Schools like Yorktown High School
- grade AHaldane High School
- Haldane Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 55 reviews
- grade ASomers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 149 reviews
- grade A+Pleasantville High School
- Pleasantville Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Salem Middle/High School
- North Salem Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 81 reviews
Yorktown High School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 257 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I think Yorktown High School is a community for all, and that’s what I love about it. They have great academics, great teachers, and provide a community that fosters all students’ needs. I’ve loved my 3 years at YHS so far, and know that because I’ve gotten an education there, I can go far. I especially love their vast range of clubs and student activities, such as YHS dance company, the musical, gay/straight alliance, and even our own school newspaper. There’s so much to learn and take part in, and that’s what I love about Yorktown. We’re also competitive in athletics, especially our football and lacrosse departments! I love game days, and think that Huskers have true spirit. Yorktown High School is a place I believe all students should be, and I’m so fortunate that I get to learn and grow there.
The diverse atmosphere of Yorktown High School is what makes it so refreshing. There are many different cultures and ethnicities present, creating an entire learning experience just from meeting new people. The wide array of extracurricular activities and clubs available enriches students, allowing for higher learning and social experiences outside of the classroom. Also, the teachers are certainly qualified and are passionate about their jobs, creating a desire within students to succeed. It is a warm and welcoming community, breeding success and a substantial education for all.
Yorktown High School has awarded me with an education that I am so grateful and humbled to have. From the rigorous courses available at Yorktown, I was able to push myself beyond my limits and prove that hard work and determination can take you very far. The teachers and even others students were always very helpful to me as I was able to work closely with my peers on subjects that posed a challenge to me. While it is a very studious school, you certainly cannot forget its ambitious school spirit. Throughout my journey at Yorktown High School I have noticed the ride that comes from being a student here. I have had a plethora a options to be involved in my community and discover the thing in life that have become my passions. Although there are many amazing qualities to my school, it can be a bit overwhelming when continuously pushed to my limits, from the curriculum to the workload, especially when most students maintain good grades; it can become a very competitive environment.