York Suburban Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in York, PA. It has 857 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
York Suburban Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+75 Students
- A59 Students
- B54 Students
- A-50 Students
- B45 Students
- A-36 Students
- B34 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like York Suburban Senior High School
- ADallastown Area Senior High School
- Dallastown Area School District, PA
- 343 reviews
- A-Northeastern Senior High School
- Northeastern York School District, PA
- 213 reviews
- ACentral York High School
- Central York School District, PA
- 464 reviews
- BWest York Area High School
- West York Area School District, PA
- 162 reviews
York Suburban Senior High School Reviews
The school cares a lot about academics and sports but lacks some arts education. A very great school, though!
York Suburban Senior High School provides an excellent, invigorating academic environment and makes it challenging for the students who attend. The administration is a bit strict, but the rules set are most certainly reasonable. Extracurriculars are great, but in recent years have been somewhat cut due to the budget. Overall, this school is doing well to prepare its students for the academic and social future beyond high school!
York Suburban High School is one of the best schools in the nation. My son has had some difficult assignments over the 3 years he has been there, but all of this is preparing him well for college. He has had very good teachers who have stretched him when he didn't want to be stretched. The school is relatively small, since the district is landlocked, which means his class sizes are 20-30 students, which is good. The only negative for my son, even from elementary school is making friends there. He has a few, but considers himself one of the "nerds" and has been picked on from time to time over the years. However the School district as a whole has a no bullying policy and holds assemblies periodically on the subject.