COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
York Prep is open for full-time in-person learning. Families can also choose the option for synchronous remote learning. Our reopening plan can be accessed via our website's homepage. You can also refer to our COVID-19 Information and Resources page for the latest news. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
Our goal for students is unwavering integrity, a desire to learn in a rigorous academic environment, and enthusiastic participation in community life. We make leaders, joiners, and achievers. York boasts a diverse curriculum, outstanding faculty, and exceptional Arts and Sports programs in the heart of Lincoln Center.
Our philosophy is that every student is motivated by the possibility of success. Compassionate educators creatively address the needs and interests of a diverse community. Every student is challenged by a traditional curriculum in a structured environment. We nurture lifelong learners who become leaders in their fields and communities
York Prep School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+35 Students
- A+32 Students
- A31 Students
- A25 Students
- A+18 Students
- A17 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+16 Students
Our Jump Start Program
The Jump Start program assists students with different learning styles or specific learning differences, to function successfully in an academically challenging & mainstream setting. It is for students who have difficulty achieving their full potential, solely because of problems in any of the following areas: language processing, reading, writing, math, time management, and organizational skills.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
York Prep School Reviews
The Jump Start program has made such a difference in learning.
Also, the small class size offers a better learning environment.
The teachers and administration have always been available and collaborative.
We are so happy that we found York!