Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
York High School is an above average, public school located in York, NE. It has 447 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
York High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-82 Students
- B+51 Students
- B36 Students
- B+30 Students
- C+30 Students
- B21 Students
- A-18 Students
- B18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like York High School
- B-High Plains Community High School
- High Plains Community Schools, NE
- 26 reviews
- A-Heartland Community High School
- Heartland Community Schools, NE
- 13 reviews
- BHampton High School
- Hampton Public Schools, NE
- 15 reviews
- B-McCool Junction Junior/Senior High School
- McCool Junction Public Schools, NE
- 9 reviews
York High School Reviews
I am an alumni from York High School and I really enjoyed all four years of YHS. The teachers are awesome and friendly and easy to talk to. They really try to prepare you for your future and tell you how important a lot of things you learn in high school are for the future. They extracurriculare activities that YHS offers are awesome and each one succeeds very well. The sports groups are very successful and the athletes are very dedicated because of how much fun they have and the coaching! The faculty at YHS are very good at what they do and they really care about each and every student there and their success. They made it evident to me, when I was there, that my future is important to them and that they were going to be there if I ever needed help with anything. The relationships that are made there are great too.
Overall, I did not have a good experience here. I always tried my best in every class and every activity that I was involved in, however, it was never good enough. This school only cares about the students that right connections, especially if their parents are willing to donate a lot of money. They always ignored students who were just as talented/smart or even better just because they didn't have the right last name. If I could just give one piece of advice to them, it would be to do better.
I love being a Duke it’s been the best thing ever. We have great teachers. We bring in student from different countries and it’s great learning about the their cultures. We have great sports teams such as out football, softball, basketball and wrestling programs we all work really well together cause we’ve played with each other since we were in elementary school together. We have great classes such as our college classes which actually prepare us for our years in college we also have career academy classes that are also like college courses but help us with what we want to go into.