York Community High School is a top rated, public school located in Elmhurst, IL. It has 2,734 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
York Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+401 Students
- A+285 Students
- A212 Students
- A-210 Students
- B+191 Students
- B+178 Students
- A+173 Students
- A164 Students
- A-155 Students
- A-151 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.72 responses
Schools like York Community High School
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 631 reviews
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 286 reviews
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 463 reviews
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 316 reviews
York Community High School Reviews
York Community High School is a great academic institution that I am very blessed to have attended. It is a school not only flourishing in its academics but also in the extracurriculars that it offers. The teachers, for the most part, are very kind and committed to providing the best education for its students and there are plenty of resources to go to whenever you need help. Through its extracurriculars, York embraces the uniqueness of each and every student through offering various activities that appeal to any student and allows them to develop themselves. Overall, York is a school committed to not only preparing students for their futures by helping them grow academically, but it allows them to grow as people.
York is a weird school. Its has a large population of students with severe medical conditions which causes the amblance to come to the school a lot, sometimes twice a day. We also make it on to the news a lot from gun threats. York had some occasional racism around the time Trump got elected a couple of kids wore the "make America great again" hat and went around calling the African Americans "nigger" and yelling "build a wall" at the latin Americans. Over all its an ok school. Its not very diverse, but still fun. There are multiple clubs and all inclusive sports and even multiple different languages you can take. The teachers are really nice and help you if you ask for help. The food is Ok there are multiple options but it's just not flavored right and they wont let us add salt to give it a little flavor just pepper. They have this program where you can take a class at technology center of Dupage its a nice way to get dual credit if you are a junior or senior.
This high school truly cares about its students. There are so many ways to get involved, sports, clubs, music, theater, etc. The teachers work extremely hard to prepare you for college and know how to teach. Teachers work with you to help you succeed in the class and the future. Classmates all work together and are always there for you. Go DUKES!