York Community High School is a top rated, public school located in Elmhurst, IL. It has 2,643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
York Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+391 Students
- A+276 Students
- A207 Students
- A-203 Students
- B+186 Students
- A-172 Students
- A+168 Students
- A160 Students
- A-153 Students
- A-143 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Schools like York Community High School
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 600 reviews
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 281 reviews
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 450 reviews
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 305 reviews
York Community High School Reviews
This high school truly cares about its students. There are so many ways to get involved, sports, clubs, music, theater, etc. The teachers work extremely hard to prepare you for college and know how to teach. Teachers work with you to help you succeed in the class and the future. Classmates all work together and are always there for you. Go DUKES!
York has opened so many doors and opportunities for me. They care about every aspect of school: academics, athletics, activities, drama, music department and more. The teachers are qualified and always willing to help. The lunchroom even has super good food. The school also has a counselor designated just for the college admission process, that is knowledgeable about all things college. York also offers many dual credit classes that have allowed me to receive many college credits highly acclaimed universities. The only it would not be a 5 would be that the administration can sometimes be over bearing and take away privileges and go a bit overboard. But nonetheless, it is a great school that offers amazing opportunities
I had a great high school experience at York! I had so many great teachers that they outweigh some of the not so great teachers I've had. If you try and make an effort, your teachers will help you succeed. I also took advantage of some of the resources they had like the math lab. Elmhurst is a runner's town so cross country and track are the school's best sports. The football team isn't good though. If there's anything bad about this school, it is its huge drug problem but administration doesn't really do much about it.