Yonkers Middle School is a public, magnet school located in Yonkers, NY. It has 483 students in grades 7-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Yonkers Middle School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Yonkers Middle School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Yonkers Middle School Reviews
Yonkers High school is a great school for education, the students are independent for the most part but are guided by their teachers and counselors when needed. Activities that are enjoyed by the student body, teachers, and parents are the annual Talent show and Gala held in the spring; tickets often sell out! Pep rally is also another great experience held in the beginning of the year where all grades show their pride in themselves and their school. If I could re-do these past 4 years I wouldn't change a thing, the students and teachers make for a good environment to be in.
The teachers in this school are all incredibly dedicate to what they do. They are all knowledgeable individuals who have gotten worthy education, many of the teachers have different teaching styles and when one is dedicated to succeed, which is very easy to be in this competitive and friendly environment they are very effective for their purpose (tests). Every teacher that I have had has been available after school for either class size help for all of their students or occasionally for individual help which are both appreciated by all students. Most grading systems are very similar therefore making them consistent and reliable.
Yonkers High school is a competitive public school where a variety of college level courses are available to you including both AP and IB (international Baccalaureate) courses. If one takes and passes all full IB requirements they are eligible for an IB diploma which is recognized nation wide; almost all students take at least 2 IB courses. AP and IB are very vigorous courses with some of the best teachers, workload can become stressful but this only further prepares you for college and teaches you time management. Regents courses are fair with great teachers who pride themselves in preparing you for the exam. Around the end of each year every student in the school gets scheduled a meeting with their counselor in which they can review their credits and courses they will be taking the following year.