Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
YES Prep - Gulfton is an above average, public, charter school located in Houston, TX. It has 1,078 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
YES Prep - Gulfton Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-206 Students
- B205 Students
- B+127 Students
- A+112 Students
- B-101 Students
- B99 Students
- C+90 Students
- A+88 Students
- B-85 Students
- B75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
YES Prep - Gulfton Reviews
Yes Prep Gulfton is apart of the yes prep charter school district. I have been apart of the this community ever since I began my studies there in 6th grade. I remember going into middle school really nervous but as the first week went by, I realized I had nothing to be nervous about. The staff as well as my peers made me feel very welcome. I had senior friends as a 6th grader, who gave me advice and would mentor me with school work if I was ever struggling. Something that I really appreciate is teachers go out of their way to help you, they will do anything to make sure that you are understanding the material. Not only are they there to help you educationally, but also emotionally. I have made amazing bonds and connections with the staff, including teachers that don't even teach me. Everyday I get a countless amount of smiles and greetings that make yes prep gulfton, feel like my second home. I'm so glad to be part of this community!
Yes Prep Gulfton is a high achieving school with rigorous courses in order to push there students to 100% everyday. The teachers and community around are very kind hearted willing to help regardless of background you've grew up in. In addition, the faculty pushes to keep the environment safe and comforting for students and all that come. Although, the community itself is diverse the school could push the student diversity more making the environment more eye opening and different hop off each others ideas.
Yes Prep Gulfton strives to make sure all students are accepted to a 4-year post secondary institution before graduation. Yes Prep provides all students with their own college counselors who will consistently push students to do their best and walk them through the application process. Along with this, teachers and all other faculty deeply care about all students. It is not like a regular high school. Here, teachers deeply care for all students and are committed to fulfilling Yes Prep Public School's mission of increasing the number of people in low income communities who move on to a higher education after high school.