Yelm High School is a public school located in Yelm, WA. It has 1,237 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Yelm High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+177 Students
- A173 Students
- B138 Students
- B+130 Students
- B115 Students
- B-97 Students
- A-81 Students
- B+72 Students
- B59 Students
- A-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Yelm High School Reviews
The teachers here make learning fun and upbeat. They really try to get the students involved in the community and often times do a lot of volunteer work in order to give their students the best high school experience they can. The only downfall of Yelm High School is the students. Yes there are a lot of good kids that come from Yelm like athletes and many honor role students, but like any high school there are discipline and disobedience issues. Thankfully I haven't run into any incidences personally but I have witnessed several fights and other student outbursts in the years that I have attended Yelm. Generally Yelm is a very well organized school and provides a lot for their students. this helps the school as a whole exceed in a lot of things such as FFA, FBLA, sports, and honor role students. Even though students that attended here have the down moments, I think that Yelm High School is a great school to be a part of.
Yelm High School has the #1 FFA chapter in Washington, and the leadership students are very involved. The high school is very positive and has lots of spirit, and the sports teams are very fun to be a part of. Although, I think the high school needs overall better teachers or training in the math department. The Physical education teachers could also use more training on making sure students are well monitored and using proper form. Installing mirrors in the weight room could also help people have better form. Letting students vote on what they want to see at assemblies could help improve school culture.
Yelm High School has many great teachers that are very inspiring and kind. They care for you and are always there for you when you need them. Their sports and clubs are amazing opportunities to take advantage of. It is still a growing school and has much to prove! I would reccomend this school to anyone.