Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Yates Center High School is an above average, public school located in Yates Center, KS. It has 123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Yates Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+44 Students
- A-43 Students
- B42 Students
- B+31 Students
- B30 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-23 Students
- B21 Students
- B12 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Yates Center High School Reviews
My experience with Yates Center High School has neither impressed me or let me down. My expectations were met, but not exceeded. The people are amazing here. The small town aesthetic makes the school seem like a home. People welcome you with open arms here. However, Woodson County is one of the poorest counties in the state, so the school doesn't have much ability to get better programs. Even with this drawback, the community members have donated thousands of dollars to making this school better for the future of Yates Center.
This school, while it doesn't have the most learning opportunities, does have some very good teachers. The environment of the school is comfortable and conducive to learning. I enjoyed the fact that the school was small enough that I knew all of my peers and felt comfortable. My biggest complaint is that there are not very many options for kids to get ahead or get caught up if they fall behind.
My experience at Yates Center High School has been pretty good over the last fourteen years of my life! The school has provided me with all the opportunities available to me. The staff has always treated me well and helped me with school problems or any other problems that I have had throughout my life. The involvement in clubs, sports or any other activities has been strong here for as long as I can remember. YCHS may be a small school, but it has gave me everything I could ever need.