Yarmouth High School is a top rated, public school located in Yarmouth, ME. It has 502 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Yarmouth High School
- A+Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, ME
- 70 reviews
- A+Cape Elizabeth High School
- Cape Elizabeth Public Schools, ME
- 66 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- AScarborough High School
- Scarborough Public Schools, ME
- 171 reviews
Yarmouth High School Reviews
I've been in Yarmouth my entire school career and I can say that I am so lucky because of the education and support I received throughout. The teachers in the district genuinely care about their students. I am close with the majority of the teachers that I have had in the last four years. They treat students more than just a student by being flexible when needed and very relatable. The academics are rigorous and there are many to choose from. There are requirements but, students really get to customize which classes they want to take. Yarmouth has a very good English and History department but a declining Math and Science department. However, outside help/getting help from other teachers is very accessible at Yarmouth. Students do not get left behind if they are struggling and they get the support they need especially if they reach out to teachers.
The sense of community is fairly strong at Yarmouth. Everyone does have their own little groups, but most people are very approachable. The teachers and staff all care quite a bit about the students, and create interesting lesson plans to try and engage their class. The sports teams are all very competitive, and have won many state championships each year.
Yarmouth High School is amazing. It is full of resources and amazing teachers who really care about students. The only thing I would change is making the school more diverse and creating more communication between the student body and the administration because they butt heads on some issues like parking.