Yarmouth High School
- YARMOUTH, ME
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Yarmouth High School is a top rated, public school located in YARMOUTH, ME. It has 540 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Yarmouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B110 Students
- grade B+82 Students
- grade A+76 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade A+66 Students
- grade A+64 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Yarmouth High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Spirit week43%
- Sporting events26%
- Mr. YHS17%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,532 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Yarmouth High School
- grade AFalmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, ME
- Rating 4.12 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade A+Cape Elizabeth High School
- Cape Elizabeth Public Schools, ME
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 155 reviews
- grade AScarborough High School
- Scarborough Public Schools, ME
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 184 reviews
Yarmouth High School Reviews
Rating 4.04 out of 5 135 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
For parents and students who want a quality education and one that helps you get to college, Yarmouth H.S. Is it. The AP track will set you up for success. You need to be diligent and focused, but you’ll have options for colleges after graduation!
I will be 100% honest. Yarmouth is a high school for the surrounding town, and that town only. The town is 99% white, and way above average in income and means. The school produces a mixture of privileged preformative activists, slightly above average students with an exaggerated sense of intelligence, and some nice and well-rounded people. That fact is that there is no diversity in any manner in Yarmouth, and that is very obvious in the school. It has been a mediocre experience but if you think this is the perfect school for anyone who is not white, an athlete, and neurotypical, you are wrong.
I absolutely adore Yarmouth Highschool. Not only does it allow students multiple opportunities, but it also provides a way for students to be determined with the academically rigorous classes. Everything in this school is excellent, not to mention the amazing, quiet location. Yarmouth High school recently just won the Blue Ribbon Award as well, for being an amazing school. Athletics in Yarmouth is very good and allows students to become close to one another. We've won state champions in many different sports for many years. I find the diversity to be very wholesome here, and everybody is nice to one another.