Yankton High School is an above average, public school located in Yankton, SD. It has 901 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Yankton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B125 Students
- B+101 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-29 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B26 Students
- A-23 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Yankton High School Reviews
Yankton High School prepared me for college without making me feel overwhelmed. The four years spent at Y-High were the best four years of my life. it was full with amazing memories at school sanctioned activities. The education provided from the school district was perfect all four years, including everything I needed in every class. Each year was meant to prepare me for senior year which led me to now, my first month in an out of state college.
The Yankton School District is a wonderful school, but I have faced bullying from teachers and students. Most of it has been addressed and quickly fixed, but the teachers are never punished if they act in a racist way. When I went to complain to the vice principal, she had told me that Yankton was too small of a town to put an end to racist comments made in class. This is why I am frustrated here, there is little to no diversity, whether that be race, size, personality, style, or disability. I do not like the way our school district treats kids with disabilities, not only do I see students treat them wrong, but I see teachers who do not understand that children with Autism do not misbehave in class on purpose. Luckily there are some amazing teachers who make up for the racist ones. The only thing that's always made me sad is that we have no African American, Latino, Asian, or Indian teachers. Thank You for letting me rant while having the chance to win an opportunity.
What I loved about Yankton High School is that most of the teachers are open to you and will help no matter what the deal may be. Something I didn’t like was it’s strictness on dress code. For example a girl with a spaghetti strap tank top is not a big deal. If guys can’t learn to control their hormones than that says we still are stuck in our old ways and haven’t progressed as a society,