Yale Senior High School is a public school located in YALE, MI. It has 639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Yale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B82 Students
- B78 Students
- C+77 Students
- A74 Students
- B68 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+59 Students
- B57 Students
- B+46 Students
- B+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Yale Senior High School
- CCapac High School
- Capac Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- BCroswell-Lexington High School
- Croswell-Lexington Community Schools, MI
- 114 reviews
- C+Brown City High School
- Brown City Community Schools, MI
- 84 reviews
- B-Imlay City High School
- Imlay City Community Schools, MI
- 89 reviews
Yale Senior High School Reviews
At Yale, the students have lots of school spirit. Another positive is their athletics with such sports as soccer, basketball and volleyball. The teachers are engaged in helping the students with extra work, or homework after school if it is needed. Another positive to this school would have to be their level of safety is very good. They make sure that all students are safe at all times, along with making them feel comfortable in their work place. Something that they can improve on, would have to be teaching the students about getting ready for University and College. All in all, Yale is a great school to go to and I would recommend to many people to check this school out if possible.
The teachers at Yale are absolutely fantastic. They genuinely care about their students and the quality of education. There are very limited AP classes, which really hinders a lot of students, and there isn't much of an emphasis on the arts than there is on sports, which is a bit frustrating. The student population is pretty good, but there are a few bad seeds. The office staff is absolutely phenomenal, and the new principal and vice principal are doing a pretty good job so far.
Overall, I have had a good experience with Yale High School, but there has been issues within administration. They are pressuring teachers to conform to the same plan, and it is making the classrooms feel like prison. It is making the teachers miserable and it is very noticeable to us students.