Xavier High School Reviews

Xavier is a place where people from all walks of life, neighborhoods, and cultures can meet. There is never a boring conversation at the lunch tables and there is always a classmate to rely on to ensure you're fitting in as well as possible and the best student you possibly can be.
It was a predominantly rigorous school with a clear set of rules and expectations for the students. However the faculty alongside other classmates were always 100% helpful and genuinely tried to make the community better.
The thing that impressed me the most at Xavier High School was it's wide range of clubs. Some clubs they had on campus were the cultural clubs like the Italian American and Irish American clubs, a Disney club, the Cartooning and Illustration club, and a Film club. Their publications in the library were also impressive. The teachers seemed to care about the student;s success. The free periods and the community periods allowed students to go to teachers for extra help. Overall, I Highly recommend Xavier High School to any young man in the New York tri-state area.
Start Your Review of Xavier High School
Favoritism abounds. Be ready to be excluded from all unless you're a teacher pet staff favorite here. This seems to be the norm here for many years. Students are cliquey and not inclusive of others.
I think that Xavier High School is a great place to go to school. There are over one thousand students so everyone can find their groups of close friends. Xavier High School offers many clubs and sports activities. The cool thing about our clubs is that most of them take place during the day. There is a period in everyone's schedule that's called community period and students can do what they need to do during that time like homework, talking to teachers, and club activities. They also offer summer immersion trips across the country and Central America. These immersion trips are usually dedicated to building houses and shelters in places where they are needed. The teachers here want you to learn and their classes are fun if you decide to engage. I feel comfortable talking to my teachers if I need any help. The guidance department here is also amazing. I talk to my guidance counselor almost every day, and I feel very comfortable telling her how I feel and if there is anything wrong.
I am a Freshman parent & we are thrilled with our son’s experience at Xavier. He is in the Ignatian Scholar program. The academics are rigorous. His teachers are engaged and interesting. Our son was involved in a sport as well, and it was an A+ venture. We will be sending our other son to Xavier as well!
When I got my acceptance letter from the very prestigious academic and athletic Xavier high school I was very happy. I know It will be the best thing that has ever happened to me and it always will be.
It has been the most fulfilling four years of my life and had truly prepared me for what life will be like beyond high school.
Strict school but I do really love the sense of brotherhood, family, and community that the school provides. Anyone who takes Xavier's values to heart will grow to be a true man for others.
I am a student at Xavier and if you see a negative comment, please skip it. It is just not true. I have only been at Xavier for a few months and I already love it. It is so easy for anyone to fit in. Don't worry if you're not into sports, they have tons of other clubs and activities to join. I have made so many friends and I am so thankful for making the decision to go to Xavier.
I love the brotherhood I have formed over the past four years. The community here at Xavier has helped support me through many tough times in my personal life. I am very confident I can go to any teacher in the building and talk with them about confidential issues and they will give me honest and understanding answers. Although Xavier is tough academically, the discipline and hard work ethic instilled in students is extremely beneficial in every aspect of my life, not just school. At Xavier, I was able to grow and deepen my love for lacrosse by participating on the Varsity team as a defenseman as well. I learned essential skills regarding being a team leader and working towards one goal with my ‘brothers’. In all, I have had an amazing experience at Xavier High School.
This school is a hell spawn. Bullying is everywhere, racism is a daily problem, drugs galore, and terrible use of funding. If you play a sport, you will be forced to pay for many trips many above $300. You will never fit in if you aren't a hyper-masculine athlete. If you want to come here, you better play many sports and you better be amazing and starting. Teachers are mediocre. Some will hate you ,be snobs, and others will give some help. NEVER EVER COME HERE!!!!! Go somewhere else.
My experience at Xavier has been very enjoyable and rewarding. What I love most about Xavier is how every teacher genuinely cares about your success and will put everything aside to help you reach your goals. I also love the sense of community and brotherhood that you cannot get at any other high school. Xavier is a very safe learning environment where working hard and getting good grades is seen as cool. This school does a great job of instilling discipline and developing boys into exemplary young men. I wouldn't change a single thing about Xavier, as it is already an excellent institution.
Pros:
The building is renovated and well-kept (for the most part).
Teachers are professional and easy to get along with.
The faculty members will go above and beyond to help you with academics, sports, and college admissions.
There are a lot of clubs to join.
Great athletic programs (especially Football and Rugby).
Very religious environment.

Cons:
Some parts of the building are kind of run down and need renovation.
Disciplinary action can be a bit unfair, even for lighter offenses.
The social scene is very cliquey at times.
It's expensive.
As a senior that is currently enrolled at Xavier High School I can confidently say that Xavier has changed me into a much better man than I would have been had I gone to another school. Everyone that I have come into contact with has been great and I have made some very long lasting friendships that will stay with me for a very long time.
Do not come here. The resources are terrible in terms of college readiness and academics outside of sports are poor, with a low amount of AP courses to boot. You cannot "sully" the name of this "amazing school" where apparently you pay 20,000 dollars for a mediocre education. Fordham is better folks, GO THERE! The sports here are good, but anything else? Absolutely not. A bunch of kids that came here complain that their parents force them or otherwise some folks are just outright "brainwashed" about the school.
Or you have kids like me that the school for what it is. Please any 8th graders reading this, (or 7th,) get good grades and go to somewhere like Bard, Eleanor, or any of the specialized schools. If you have to choose between Fordham and Xavier go to Fordham. They have a better campus and are way more lenient. If I could go back to study, I 100% would've improved my grades and SHSAT score. Don't get yourself stuck here, it really isn't a pleasant experience in any way.
We LOVE Xavier. It is a fantastic school with great teachers who are committed to the boys. They are very professional and passionate about teaching. For a NYC school, you can’t do much better for athletics considering the challenges you have because of space issues in Manhattan.
Start Your Review of Xavier High School
There is a great community involved at Xavier high school with alot of people who are engaging in many ways with you getting more than just an education but an overall experience that you will remember. What i would change is the expansiveness of the school qnd the bathrooms as they are not as good as you would want them to be.
It is an amazing school. The boys become men, well able to face the world, when they graduate. They are taught to be responsible, organized and simply perform hard work or the task at hand.
Historically it was an excellent school, always diverse in its results with hard-working blue collar grads as well as white collar high flyers. As an alum and a parent of a recent graduate I can say that a most serious decline has occurred in their college prep. The administration seems to have over-expanded in the wrong directions, often overreaching in attempts to influence students theological and political outlook at the expense of academic and dialectic rigor. This year was marked with what feels like genuine malpractice in their college counseling, an urgent problem I encourage others to look into independently. I will always have a deep affection for the institution based on my experiences there decades ago, but it has truly let me down as a parent. I pray for a change of leadership in the near future.