COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The tradition continues. Xavier High School is fully open. Students are learning in person. Learn more about how we keep our students and school community safe. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A+
Xavier High School is an all-boys, Catholic, college-preparatory high school in Middletown, CT. At Xavier, students are challenged academically, athletically, and spiritually in ways that will prepare them for the future. Influenced by the rich history and values of the Xaverian Brothers, rigorous coursework coupled with a tradition of excellence outside of the classroom makes Xavier a place where every student has the opportunity to make the most of his unique gifts and talents. Each student is called and empowered to fulfill the words of our school motto – "Be a Man… A Man Like Christ."
Xavier High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A145 Students
- grade B75 Students
- grade A minus61 Students
- grade A58 Students
- grade A+53 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade A minus47 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A+44 Students
Earn College Credit At Xavier
Over 50% of upperclassmen student take Advanced Placement and/or University of Connecticut Early College Experience level classes enabling them to be ahead of their peers when they enter college. Xavier offers 18 AP courses and 14 UConn ECE courses.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 26 responses
- Sporting events20%
- The Black Hole18%
- The community service programs14%
- Pep rallies11%
- Spirit Week11%
- The mixers11%
- The school concerts8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 42 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 27 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C+
Xavier High School Reviews
The teachers are mixed - there are some amazing gems of teachers who've been there forever with some bad teachers mixed in.
Regarding food, there's not many options for healthy, affordable food. The only real option is to bring lunch from home.
If you're an honors student, they'll push you to take AP classes you don't like and apply to colleges you don't like to boost school reputation. Too much emphasis on "the brand" from the administration. That said, teachers are for the most part amazing and genuinely care about you.
Solid music program, but don't go here if you want music to be your main thing. They spent millions on a new music wing then laid off half the department.