Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wyomissing, PA. It has 947 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- A47 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+29 Students
- A+21 Students
- B20 Students
- B+20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B17 Students
- B+16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School
- AWilson High School
- Wilson School District, PA
- 314 reviews
- B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 191 reviews
- B+Cocalico Senior High School
- Cocalico School District, PA
- 221 reviews
- B+Exeter Township Senior High School
- Exeter Township School District, PA
- 224 reviews
Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Wyomissing is an amazing school! It's small, so everyone pretty much knows everyone else, and many of us have gone to school together since Kindergarten, so there is not much bullying or drama. There are lots of opportunities to pursue special interests, from computer programming to economics to photography. Wyo has a fabulous art department and a program called Art Major, so if you love art, you can have a portfolio of work to use to apply to art school. There are also excellent music and drama programs as well as some strong sports teams. It's a very safe school and the parents are very involved. Most core courses have an academic and an honors option, and there are a lot of AP choices starting in 10th grade. Basically, Wyo offers a private school education in a public school setting. It's fun and social, but still academically challenging. I would not want to have gone anywhere else and would definitely choose Wyo again if I could do it all over. I highly recommend it!
Almost all of the teachers are excellent and set high standards. They were always willing to help students after class and go beyond the norm because they really care about their students and want to see them succeed. Out of all the teachers I have had in my six years there (it's 7th-12th), there are only one or two I would not want to have again, and I will really miss some of them a lot. It's a small school, so you get to know the teachers and staff well, which is great, especially when it is time to ask for letters of recommendation for college! There is a lot of homework, but my three older cousins who graduated from Wyo all said they felt completely prepared for college because of their Wyo teachers and the work load. In fact, they all said college was generally easier!
Wyomissing Area Junior/ Senior High school gave me some fond memories. I went to this school district my whole life. It is such a tight nit community. Everybody knows everybody, that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. The school is known for it's great academics as well as sport teams. The teachers are all fun and understanding of the strenuous load many students take on with clubs/ sports as well as a course load full of AP classes and honors courses. This is a great school district and high school. I would recommend it to any family moving into the area with children.