Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Wylie High School is a highly rated, public school located in Abilene, TX. It has 1,235 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Wylie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-160 Students
- B+133 Students
- A+114 Students
- A101 Students
- B-97 Students
- A+96 Students
- B-86 Students
- B+64 Students
- B+64 Students
- C52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Wylie High School
- B+Eula High School
- Eula Independent School District, TX
- 20 reviews
- B+Jim Ned High School
- Jim Ned Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 24 reviews
- AAcademy for Technology, Engineering, Math & Science (ATEMS)
- Abilene Independent School District, TX
- 85 reviews
- C+Hawley High School
- Hawley Independent School District, TX
- 28 reviews
Wylie High School Reviews
Wylie is your average high school with less class options, a huge football program, and a lot of entitlement. It's the "rich" school in town, and often times I feel like the rep is overwhelming and competitive, especially among the students. Some of the admin are okay while others are impatient. Wylie's communication with families is no good (no parent involvement)! I've had good teachers, but I've also had a few teachers who just don't care. Plus, all of the material and lessons are centered on standardized testing. The school lacks a lot of class options. Wylie is focused on science/medical, band, theater, agriculture, and athletics. Wylie offers no foreign languages except Spanish, too. I wish they would expand the art and design programs. Other than that, school safety is decent. The facilities are okay, but Wylie is growing a ton right now. The high school building is mostly up to date, plus the stadium and Performing Arts Center are nice! Lastly, the dress code is a little dumb.
The school overall is very interesting. They don't like acknowledge racism or domestic violence on campus. On the good note, they don't tolerate animal cruelty. Most of the teachers are wonderful, while others cause many students to go into depression. As a student diagnosed with depression, i struggled in math quite a bit. She laughed at me along with the class and made fun of me all of the time. She said i wouldnt amount to anything. She said "i think of life like baseball. There is no crying in baseball" and the admin didnt do anything about it. The school also only allows certain students to succeed. The students that need help, they will push them to the side while the students that are succeeding, they will spend all of their time on.
Wylie highschool is a very good school. I play Tennis and all teachers stress the importance of keeping grades up in order to play sports. The councilors here are very good and make sure that all student who need help, mentally and sports wise, get all the help that is needed. The food is mediocre at best but I've definitely had worst. I believe that the biggest problem at wylie would be the lack of communication between teachers and principals. I believe that with better communication would make things run smoother between teachers and students.