Wylie High School is a highly rated, public school located in Abilene, TX. It has 1,106 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Wylie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-131 Students
- B+115 Students
- A+100 Students
- B-90 Students
- A82 Students
- A+81 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+60 Students
- B+56 Students
- C45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Wylie High School
- BEula High School
- Eula Independent School District, TX
- 20 reviews
- BJim Ned High School
- Jim Ned Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 21 reviews
- A-Academy for Technology, Engineering, Math & Science (ATEMS)
- Abilene Independent School District, TX
- 81 reviews
- B-Hawley High School
- Hawley Independent School District, TX
- 27 reviews
Wylie High School Reviews
Overall, Wylie is an excellent school for a student to learn, develop, and cherish those last years before entering adulthood. Wylie is known for having some of the highest academic performances in all of the UIL events. This is because the teachers figure out what works best for each class and for each student to succeed. This allows the student to feel more confident and appreciated. Not only is Wylie known for there academics, it is known for sports. Every coach is devoted to each one of their athletes to help them do their best. Win or lose, the coaches always show their how proud they are to their athletes which encourages them to work even harder next time. It seems to me that no matter what you are apart of at Wylie, there will always be someone to help guide you to do your best and then appreciate you afterwards no matter what the outcome is. Wylie is the place you want your kids to be.
While I've Wylie for a long time, I recently have had a taste of the unfairness of the administration and it has deeply lowered my respect for the school. While I'm an honor student and have never been in trouble at school, I have been given an unreasonable punishment equivalent to that of drugs, hostility, and fights. The administration has shown no mercy and refuses to change their mindsets for one student although the punishment will follow me through life as I apply for colleges and attempt to gain teacher recommendations.
The care of the students, the love for tradition, and a great academics program is what I love about Wylie High School. The teachers are alwasy making sure students are okay and on top of their work. Tradition never dies in the student body in Wylie. There is a norm for everything and a way to do things and everyone loves it, whuch makes pep rallys, classes, etc. so much more exciting. With the academics program the test scores and grade average is really high and succesful. Most students are very prepared for college. On the other hand, i do wish that Wylie was more open to new ideas and fun things. The rules seem to be very strict and can dampen the enthusiasm and culture of the school. But never the less, Wylie is a well rounded and solid school to attend. I love it.