Wylie E. Groves High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+137 Students
- A+127 Students
- B+65 Students
- B58 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-35 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Wylie E. Groves High School Reviews
Review Wylie E. Groves High School
Wylie E Groves High School is a unique institution that gives all students an opportunity to find their niche. There is an unparalleled focus on all enrichment. Of course, we had our typical Friday night football games but you don't need to be involved with or even like sports to thrive at this school. There is an activity for everyone, from the award winning theater department to the award winning student congress to the ever concerned green club to the enlightening GSA, there is something for everyone. The administration and staff are always willing to donate their time and efforts to school activities for an overall positive day to day atmosphere.
I aboslutley love Groves. Everyone is so welcoming and the teachers are amazing. At Groves you have unlimited resources! From iPad carts to an endless collection of books you can always find what you're looking for. Our school traditions are super fun and they get everyone involved. The students at Groves make all the sports events a blast. Groves is an amazing community to be a part of.
At Groves, everyone gets along pretty well. It's a very diverse school as far as personalities, races, and cultures go. I enjoy most of the classes that I am placed in and the teachers that teach the classes. However, I think I have a different meaning of what a good teacher is. One of my favorite teachers at Groves was also one of the most disliked teachers in the school before she retired. I believe that as a student, it isn't mandatory to be "friends" with your teacher. It's great when it happens, but it shouldn't be expected. I appreciate someone that can properly teach me what I am there to learn and assist me in using that knowledge down the road. I love teachers that can connect the lessons to real world examples, that are willing to be available outside of the classroom, and that push me to my fullest potential. I would say overall, most of the instructors at Groves reach this standard and/or exceed it.