W.S. Neal High School is a public school located in East Brewton, AL. It has 407 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
W.S. Neal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B119 Students
- B95 Students
- B-91 Students
- A84 Students
- A76 Students
- A-76 Students
- B49 Students
- C-40 Students
- C-39 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
W.S. Neal High School Reviews
W.S Neal has an an amazing atmosphere about it. You can feel the school pride as soon as you enter the doors. I have loved the last three years cheering on my blue eagles no matter if it was football or volleyball even band. We have an outstanding FFA program that I have been able to be in my whole high school career and have even became the Treasure of our chapter. When you connect with the teachers they let you know that they care about you and your future past high school. Yes, they could work on their teaching abilities but they focus a lot on who you are as a person and if you are enjoying your high school experience. I would love to see more opportunities open up at Neal. I hope that even though I’m moving forward to College that the staff knows I have appreciated everything they have done for me. I have the best wishes for W.S Neal as I depart and I hope they continue to help students grow and succeed like they have with me.
Great school pride and leadership from our principle, Mr. Hodge makes WSN a great place to learn and grow!
I enjoy the amount of involvement every student has the opportunity to be in, and it is strongly encouraged at Neal high to focus on grades first. It is also important to have school spirit, and is very encouraged to enjoy your few years while you are there with being involved athletically, or through spirit for your team. I would like to see a little more encouragement towards the personal well-being of students from the staff.