Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
WP Davidson High School is an above average, public school located in Mobile, AL. It has 1,628 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
WP Davidson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B416 Students
- A-262 Students
- A255 Students
- A225 Students
- C-143 Students
- B135 Students
- B128 Students
- C-127 Students
- B-118 Students
- B116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
WP Davidson High School Reviews
My experience at Davidson wasn’t the best, however, my class made it worth the time. Being in the EPIC program many of the math/science teachers I had were very rude and not the best at teaching. They wouldn’t even help the people struggling in their class, considering the fact that those weren’t easy subjects at the honors/AP level. My senior class teachers made my final year great though. Those were the best teachers I had while being at Davidson. In order to see more success in the EPIC program I would highly suggest that Davidson get some Math and Science teachers that actually want to teach and be there for their students because that is basically what the program is geared towards-challenging math and science courses.
W.P Davidson High School is a great school. The curriculum is challenging which makes it worth it. I am in all honors classes. They have prepared me for college in many ways. I became more organized and responsible. They make you grow up in order to make it in the real world. There is an EPIC program that focuses on students who want to further their studies in engineering, computer science, or biomedical fields. These classes consist of more science and math classes. The administration makes sure that the students are safe and given the best possible learning experience. Best of all they make sure that you leave Davidson High School college.
If you are looking for a school that has teachers that want you to pass, this is the school to go to. It has many opportunities for different people and they have different class types; regulars, honors, and IB. The students are very nice and also, they will help you with anything you need. Apart from the students and teachers, the school is very clean and it makes you feel like home. If you need help with anything, the teachers will find a way to have tutoring after school so you can have extra practice.