Worcester Academy is an elite, private, boarding school located in Worcester, MA. It has 605 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $59,557 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Worcester Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- A45 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Worcester Academy Reviews
Our family had a great experience at WA! There are so many opportunities for kids to find their interests and try new activities. The teachers are mostly fantastic. There are super academic opportunities for geniuses, really bright kids, and kids who need structure and motivation to be their best student-selves. This makes for a nice mix of kids with a broad variety of strengths and talents. Kids get so many chances to form close bonds with their teachers, who often are also their coaches, club advisors, project mentors, academic advisors. Academic AND personal preparation for college is topnotch. WA kids learn how to write, research, think creatively. The unique urban historic campus provides options for community service and seeing life beyond the ivy-covered gates. "Achieve the honorable" motto is central to everything at the school.
Worcester Academy has provided me with a unique experience. After transferring here from my public school, I was forced to make a transition into a boring community at a younger age than most students. This transition, overtime, helped me mature. The administration works close with students and is always working to benefit you as a student and a person. Worcester Academy is a tight knit community in which everyone knows each other's names and share either a smile or a friendly greeting as you pass each other. I have met people at WA and made bonds in which I hope last a lifetime. Another aspect in which I really enjoyed is the international population on campus. It provides an opportunity to learn about other cultures and it really opens up one's mind. I have had my times of frustration, however my overall experience at Worcester Academy has been immensely enjoyable and I wish my stay here was longer.
I enjoyed Worcester Academy. After coming to the school my freshman year, and being a senior this year I have had the time to reflect on my experiences here. The classes are definitely harder than anything I had experienced for, and although the teachers expected a certain level and precision of work they were accommodating in helping them learn. In terms of athletics I have been allowed to play soccer all my four years, and all the coaches and athletes are here to help you grow as an athlete and that is an awesome thing to be apart of. Finally, the overall community of the school is good. There is definitely some room for improvement however the school is definitely taking greater steps to be more inclusive and truly embrace the diversity.