Woodward High School
- Woodward, OK
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Woodward High School is a public school located in Woodward, OK. It has 723 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Woodward High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A139 Students
- grade B minus116 Students
- grade B115 Students
- grade A99 Students
- grade B98 Students
- grade B+45 Students
- grade C43 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Band and color guard28%
- Pep rallys12%
- Cross country8%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,661 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Woodward High School
Woodward High School Reviews
Rating 3.91 out of 5 82 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Woodward High School is a fairly diverse school with many opportunities for individuals to become apart of school activities through a multitude of clubs, sports, and activities that take place throughout the year. Involvement can be a key aspect of enjoying high school and making friends, and Woodward High School does a good job in reaching out to every student, no matter their background. The teachers and staff reflect this as well, having a mix of personality at every door that welcomes students and guests. However, Woodward High School does not always seem like a safe place to be when to comes to outside threats. Compared to the elementary and middle school, the security is outdated and needs to be improved for an individual that enters the building. This change can provide confidence for parents when sending their kids to school, because no one should fear what they cannot control.
Woodward High school has made my high school experience very memorable. The staff and school personnel is very supportive of each student's ambitions, they are always willing to help. The education provided by WHS is also one of a kind. This school offers an enrichment hour to all of its students, during this time students can get help on any assignment and if they don't need help, they can learn something new. The enrichment period offers many different classes weekly, such as learning Dutch, how to change a tire, or even learning origami. Woodward high school ensures the safety of its students, there is a cop on site each day. Besides the safety, education, and faculty, WHS offers access to joining a wide variety of clubs and activities. All together, Woodward High school is a good school, it would thrive with more funding, but what school wouldn't?
If you're not involved in sports programs or have obvious wealth, you will not fit in. I have been discriminated against by many of my teachers for my ethnicity and it is often ignored by teachers when bullying is made by my peers. The school is struggling HEAVILY financially, and this is evident by the lack of basic A/C and heating units in a majority of classrooms. The materials and subjects taught are either too easy (word searches, busy work, etc) or too hard (late college level work.) Multiple threats of shootings are made yearly by students and rarely is any action taken by the staff. The school staff is more worried about me showing my knees than whether or not I pass. The programs put into place to help failing students are good on paper, however, they are poorly executed. Do not place your student in this school, even if it's a last option.