Woodstock Union High School is a highly rated, public school located in Woodstock, VT. It has 320 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Woodstock Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-108 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-26 Students
- A25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Woodstock Union High School
- B+Lebanon High School
- Lebanon School District, NH
- 118 reviews
- B-Hartford High School
- Hartford School District, VT
- 59 reviews
- B-South Royalton Elementary/High School
- Royalton School District, VT
- PK, K-12
- 4 reviews
- A+Hanover High School
- SAU 70, NH
- 110 reviews
Woodstock Union High School Reviews
I graduated from WUHS, because of the AP classes offered, I was able to graduate college one year early. Even though it is a small school, the classes were challenging and well prepared me for my BS and MA degrees. I am now well off and loving life. If I still lived in the state, I would send me kids there instead of a staunchly prep school. The school isn’t ethnically diverse, but the entire state has that problem. The few African Americans in school were looked up to and very popular. Culturally, it was an interesting mix of LLBEan preppy, Deadhead stoner, and backwoods muddin’ hick. That spells FUN in my book. Good times and Woodstock High.. what a long strange trip it’s been! -class of ‘93
I recently graduated from WUHS. Few complaints, an abundance of compliments! The large complaint: discipline. Students bully others, skip, or attend under the influence. WUHS weakly punishes bullies or perpetrators of sexual harassment. Otherwise, the faculty listens to student feedback on the curriculum, building, and education system, and reacts accordingly. 2018 featured a new weekly schedule and school building makeover. The teachers/counselors connect students to a limitless supply of opportunities, including study abroad, classes at Dartmouth College or another local university in person or online, high level internships or summer jobs, and an increase in the amount of classes offered to students (including more AP's). I tried hard to apply myself to the WUHS experience. Right now, I am set up to go to a college I am thrilled about, have a summer job in the field of my intended major, and have a slew of teachers at WUHS that are excited to see where I go with my WUHS education.
Woodstock has a lot of enthusiastic teachers who are willing to support students if you ask for help. There are many opportunities for extra curricular actives and even exchange trips! However some aspects are confusing such as the transition to proficiency grading.