Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Woodstock North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Woodstock, IL. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Woodstock North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C103 Students
- B-101 Students
- B78 Students
- B+62 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+47 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Woodstock North High School
- AWoodstock High School
- Woodstock Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 156 reviews
- A-Hampshire High School
- Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 375 reviews
- A-Marengo High School
- Public School
- Marengo, IL
- 180 reviews
- A-Grant Community High School
- Public School
- Fox Lake, IL
- 344 reviews
Woodstock North High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my time at Woodstock north high-school! It was a very supportive and fun learning environment. I made lots of life-long friends and learned what it takes to be a hard worker. I was involved in school activities and played baseball there. I feel that it does need to improve on its athletic programs, it just doesn't seem to be on the priority of the school and we have lots of trouble competing with other school.
I feel like Woodstock north high school is a very well rounded school with many activities to offer that there is something for everyone. I also can say that you will never not see something going on after school between sports, and clubs. Most teachers are very understanding and are willing to give up their free time to help kids in need. One thing that I would change about woodstock north is to have the arts programs and athletics work more together, especially in scheduling. Because for me I am in both athletics and the arts and at times it feels like they didn't really look at the other schedules of what's going on. But overall I believe that woodstock north is a great school.
WNHS was a place where I felt safe and secure. I knew the help I needed was available if I just reached out. I was lucky enough to have their very best counselor assigned to me throughout my time there, but I had many friends that were highly dissatisfied with their counselors. Besides this, another reason for my average star rating is the sports/athletics department. Their was way too much funding that went towards the football program, and it took away from other programs such as soccer, tennis, baseball, math team, etc. Overall, good experience.