COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
While COVID-19 has temporarily closed the Woodlawn campus, our students continue to learn remotely and to thrive, working closely with their teachers and peers. Reports from teachers and parents suggest that our students have responded consistent with the Woodlawn commitments to exploration and resilience, life skills that will benefit them in the longer term. We continue to discuss fall plans.
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
Come see Woodlawn for yourself. Give your children the opportunity to grow in a project-based learning environment on a picturesque campus. We are currently accepting applications in select grades. Give us a call!
Woodlawn School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+17 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A10 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+8 Students
Project Based Learning at Woodlawn School
Woodlawn School's superior learning environment inspires critical thinking, curiosity and diligence. Personal growth is promoted by encouraging creativity, leadership, and individuality that values multiple perspectives with compassion, tolerance and respect. Environmental sustainability is intentionally incorporated into our curriculum, school culture and stewardship of our land and resources.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Woodlawn School Reviews
The curriculum teaches all types of learners effectively. It isproject-based; challenging the youngest of minds, developing lifelong learners. Children learn in whole and small groups, and receive individual atten. The teachers are exceptional. Teaching beyond the classroom.
Leadership has found a balance in being progressive- building on an 18-year tradition of excellence. There has been changes, but all have been positive and have not affected our educational experience.
Woodlawn is FAMILY.
Be sure you're prepared for your child to be fitted into a box. If your kid is creative, sincerely wants to learn for learning's sake, or gifted, be prepared to explain over and over why "output" takes precedence over interest.
Kudos to Ms. Denham the science teacher and Ms. Hoskins, both bright spots who seem to understand a bigger picture.