Woodlawn High School is a public school located in Rison, AR. It has 269 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Woodlawn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C35 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
- B23 Students
- B-18 Students
- A18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- C11 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Woodlawn High School Reviews
I came to Woodlawn in the 8th grade. It was the best decision I have made! I came from a class that graduated 500+ to one that graduated 50+. Woodlawn is a very small school but everyone knows everyone. I was nervous at first when coming to this new school, but all the students and teachers made me feel like I have been going here forever! In fact, I know a couple people from a school about 15 minutes away, that beg their parents to come to Woodlawn! We are always adding new additions to our school. We recently added a new library! Every couple of years we update on books. Our baseball team won the State title in 2016! Our little town is known for baseball and coming together in bad times or even just to get together.
It was overall okay! Not very diverse but good faculty and school board. The sports do okay and the academics is okay. Somewhat helped me to prepare for college.
Small school for a more personal learning experience. Though some of the teachers/coaches are fresh graduates themselves, their lack of dedication to teach will definitely keep the student inhibited from being college ready.