Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Woodlawn High School is a public school located in Rison, AR. It has 272 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Woodlawn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C59 Students
- B46 Students
- B45 Students
- B35 Students
- B-33 Students
- C+30 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+24 Students
- A-23 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Homecoming Week21%
- My favorite event would be the homecoming games.21%
- Beta convention14%
- FBLA convention14%
- The senior citzen lucheon14%
- Collecting money for march of dimes7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Woodlawn High School Reviews
I came to Woodlawn in the 8th grade. It was the best decision I have made! I came from a class that graduated 500+ to one that graduated 50+. Woodlawn is a very small school but everyone knows everyone. I was nervous at first when coming to this new school, but all the students and teachers made me feel like I have been going here forever! In fact, I know a couple people from a school about 15 minutes away, that beg their parents to come to Woodlawn! We are always adding new additions to our school. We recently added a new library! Every couple of years we update on books. Our baseball team won the State title in 2016! Our little town is known for baseball and coming together in bad times or even just to get together.
Great school! Small enough so you get lots of one-on-one with teachers. I would love to see more upper level courses offered in high school.
I love the staff and students. The teacher to student ratio is perfect because I am able to get personal time with my teacher. The only thing I would change is the amount of teachers. There is not enough teachers to teach all the classes the school offers which means students have to take the classes online which is not the same learning experience one would get in an actual classroom.