Woodlands Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hartsdale, NY. It has 488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Woodlands Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-43 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-37 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-25 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Woodlands Senior High School
- A-Tuckahoe High School
- Tuckahoe Union Free School District, NY
- 38 reviews
- AWalter Panas High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 230 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
- A-Collegiate Institute for Math & Science
- New York City Geographic District No. 11, NY
- 156 reviews
Woodlands Senior High School Reviews
Woodlands is a great place to learn. My mother and aunt went there, it is so cool to follow in their footsteps! The staff is great and you can tell they truly care of the wellness of the students. They’re very helpful and encourage us to reach our full potential. It isn’t a big school compared to others which is good because everyone knows of or knows each other. The food is not bad, they have an assortment of options. I have to admit they should have more vegetarian options for students/staff. Overall if I ever come back to Westchester I would definitely send my future kids there!
My high school is very diverse, we have many people from a lot of different cultural backgrounds that attend. Being that my high school is particularly smaller than other neighboring schools, we all know each other and are a close-knit community. Within our small environment, we have dozens of teachers that are committed to seeing all of their students succeed. Each marking period, the number of students on the honor roll sky rockets. At the end of every year, the staff is also very proud to see the increasing number of graduating students. What I like the most about my school is that we all push each other to do better and are always encouraging and open to helping other students. Something I would change however, would be the variety of opportunities. I feel that if we have a bit more variety, more students would want to become more involved in bettering their high school experience.
Classes are great but as in every school, there will always be those students that are not the best behaved. Many courses to choose from. College English classes are made available by SUNY Westchester Community College and you can receive up to 3 college credits. Many people are there to help you. Small school but they seem to focus on you more since they don't have to worry about a thousand kids. Having a small population lets there be some clarity on the who needs what or who did what. Not enough funds to have plenty of sports like spring soccer or lacrosse.