Woodland Hills Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 1,600 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Woodland Hills Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A156 Students
- A+116 Students
- B87 Students
- B-83 Students
- A-74 Students
- B-66 Students
- C+53 Students
- C48 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Woodland Hills Junior/Senior High School
- B-Steel Valley High School
- Steel Valley School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- C+West Mifflin Area High School
- West Mifflin Area School District, PA
- 127 reviews
- C+Penn Hills Senior High School
- Penn Hills School District, PA
- 203 reviews
- C+Carlynton Junior/Senior High School
- Carlynton School District, PA
- 85 reviews
Woodland Hills Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Woodland Hills Jr/Sr High school lacks some resources, contains violence, the facilities are sub-par, and is overall very controversial. As an alumni though, I can say Woodland Hills has without a doubt prepared me for college and the rest of my life. Its not these alumni that struggle after graduating, contrary to popular belief, its the alumni of schools dedicated to preserving sensitive students that can't handle the reality of work and life after high school. I understand that the resources and funding may not always be in the right places but overall, I am proud to say I'm an alumni of this school!
The teachers built a bond with you, they made it their mission to make sure you’re succeeding. The principal made it his life mission to make us feel safe and he painted a positive picture of our school. Being that Woodland Hills had a bad rep. He made it fun to come to school everyday we weren’t labeled as the “hurt” or “broken” school anymore. Nevertheless our school has been through a tremendous amount of loss and hurt he showed us that there was a light at the end of the rainbow. By going to Woodland Hills I got a second family and safe place, somewhere I could express myself and be myself for once that’s what Woodland Hills taught me, it taught me how to be a better person
I enjoyed Woodland Hills High School because of its diversity and mixture of treating all kids that they do have a future even if they sometimes don’t believe that themselves. They provide a great learning experience that’s different every year for the student!