Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Woodford County High School is a highly rated, public school located in Versailles, KY. It has 1,276 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Woodford County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+388 Students
- B-224 Students
- B-157 Students
- A-150 Students
- B+133 Students
- B-104 Students
- C+101 Students
- B-80 Students
- B+78 Students
- B68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Woodford County High School
- B+West Jessamine High School
- Jessamine County Public Schools, KY
- 139 reviews
- B-Western Hills High School
- Franklin County Public Schools, KY
- 168 reviews
- B+Scott County High School
- Scott County Public Schools, KY
- 310 reviews
- ALafayette High School
- Fayette County Public Schools, KY
- 311 reviews
Woodford County High School Reviews
Woodford County High School is a great place to attend school in order to advance your education. This school is Top-5 in the state and strives to make every student successful. Woodford provides many educational resources and classes to help get you prepared for higher education. There are many clubs and activities to be apart of in order to progress social skills. The classrooms are very diverse which allows for strong connections and conversations between students. Woodford County High Schools send students to colleges all over the country, even Harvard. This school is a great place to learn and develop as a person.
I was an exchange student last year at Woodford County High School, and I had an amazing experience! The teachers want to help you every time, they give to you a lot of attention and they want you to be the best part of yourself. Also, the friends that I made at Woodford County High School are really nice, they were friends since I got there.
The teachers are generally incredibly intelligent, helpful, and kind people. However, administration falls short. They have historically displayed grossly unprofessional tactics within the school: racist letters sent out to students, sexual misconduct (by teachers, towards students) have gone unreported and ignored, and mental health care is completely surface level. Hard to escape, though, since it is the only high school in the county. The teachers are (almost) all perfectly redeeming.