Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Wooddale High School is a public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 597 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Wooddale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B231 Students
- B-124 Students
- C124 Students
- A-121 Students
- C-70 Students
- B66 Students
- A+55 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Wooddale High School Reviews
Very good school for sports because that's what they mainly focus on. But it does need to do more in preparing students for the real world and college. Actually pushing them out there and teaching them valuable skills that they will need. Like how to write a professional email, how apply for scholarships and money you will need for college, how to study and etc.
Since the beginning of my freshman year, I was exposed to a wide range of teachers. Majority of my teachers demonstrated great passion for teaching their students and helping them succeed. Throughout my high school years, I rarely experienced moments where teachers and administrators showed less than what is expected. The school has a great marketing and aviation program where students feel educated. The environment is safe where students have the freedom to express themselves without any negative criticism. The pride I have for Wooddale High School is indescribeable. Safe to say, I am Wooddale and I am proud!
I would change the principal,because he doesn't care to listen to the issues us students & even teachers have.It's more like a monarchy.Everyone opinion matters.In addition,this was a problem that happened my senior year all year.We had our own English teacher,then she moved to 10th grade.He came up with another English teacher,but gave her to the 9th graders,which she was hired to teach 12th grade.Eventually she left because she disliked it,because it seem like she was tricked.To rephrase,she was asked to teach 9th grade & she said no.Then he came & said I'm not asking I'm telling.So again we got another English teacher for 12th grade finally a teacher that's going to stay.About two weeks,I entered the class they said she quit.The students was wondering what happen,why did she leave us.So again,our 4thteacher we did not take serious.To add he was a retired English teacher.He can't have access into putting our grade in,but he did.He did.Sorry, I ran out of space.