Woodbury Central High School is an above average, public school located in Moville, IA. It has 187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A24 Students
- B19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+18 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+12 Students
- A11 Students
- A-9 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Woodbury Central High School
- A-Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School
- Sergeant Bluff-Luton Community School District, IA
- 66 reviews
- BLawton Junior/Senior High School
- Lawton-Bronson Community School District, IA
- 41 reviews
- B-Kingsley-Pierson High School
- Kingsley-Pierson Community School District, IA
- 40 reviews
- B-Hinton High School
- Hinton Community School District, IA
- 77 reviews
Woodbury Central High School Reviews
Being a small school parents help with fundraising for extra curricular activities if they need new uniforms or to go on trip. It seems like we do a lot of fundraising to put money into our accounts but the parents and teachers are all very supportive and want the best school experience for their kid but the others also. The support we get is great most students attend the other events and our fans are awesome. People step up to help in whatever way they can. High school is only as fun as you make it. I have had the best experience i could ever ask for. I have been very involved I made school history with being apart of the state basketball team. Some kids often say school is awful but if you get involved and see all the opportunities that are out there to help you have a great experience high school would be great for them. I wouldn't trade my 4 years of high school for anything. We have a great support system from the staff, parents and our community. Its a team effort here for the most part! Especially at Homecoming the local businesses offer to help and get involved with activities going on for students.
We have a lot of allergies at our school and being a k12 building you really have to be careful to always wash hands and not take peanut butter or nuts to the elementary wing. Our school nurse is available whenever you need her she has also set up an emergency contact/procedure because of a student who has had some problems and was always having seizures. She created a sheet of what the teacher does and for each class you designate a runner to get the nurse a runner for another medical team person, someone watches the clock and the other calls the office to announce they need the emergency team wherever needed. Personal safety all doors lock at 8:30 and you must buzz in at the main door and go through the office. Also we have security cameras and quite a few of them so if something gets stolen etc... administration can look at the cameras. I feel out school has always been pretty safe and due to different things at surrounding school we have taking steps to making ours safer. We use to never have to buzz in if you came after 8:30 and if you came after 8:30 you could go in any door. We also trained our staff and students have been trained on what to do if there was an intruder in the school. Better to be prepared then not!
Woodbury Central is a very small, close knit community. You get to know almost everyone in town. Making friends is easy. The education that the school provides is amazing. You get to know all of your teachers on a personal level which makes it better for the students to really learn and feel cared about.