Woodbridge High School is an above average, public school located in Woodbridge, NJ. It has 1,452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Woodbridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A316 Students
- B-217 Students
- B+206 Students
- B+141 Students
- A-140 Students
- A128 Students
- A+120 Students
- B+114 Students
- B-104 Students
- B+104 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Woodbridge High School
- B+Colonia High School
- Woodbridge Township School District, NJ
- 191 reviews
- B+Sayreville War Memorial High School
- Sayreville School District, NJ
- 307 reviews
- B-Abraham Lincoln High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 21, NY
- 284 reviews
- B+New Dorp High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 31, NY
- 272 reviews
Woodbridge High School Reviews
Woodbridge High School is the school that you will never forget, even when you graduate. This school is filled with diversity and is rich with school spirit, great academics and of course.. great people! The staff and the administration makes this school live up to its name. Many teachers make sure that the students are working hard and have the potential needed to carry on in the future. The principal guides the school in the right way with many rules that are in place. Overall, Woodbridge high school is the best school in this state and within our township (Woodbridge). Once you enter the hallways of this school it will feel like home, “cause once your a Barron your always a Barron.”
I loved how the teachers are caring and how willing they are to take time out of their day to either come early to school or stay after school with students to help them with classwork they may not understand. I also love the work and effort certain clubs like the interact club put in for the community. For example, every year during the months of October and November they collect non perishable items to make over 55 full Thanksgiving baskets for families in the Woodbridge community and even for families right here in our school that don't have certain opportunities like others. The only concern I have is the building itself needs to be renovated, but other then that the school is great.
WHS isn't a terrible school. To me, the worst qualities of the school are the poor food and the bathrooms not being open during passing time. I really do enjoy the willingness of most teachers, except almost all of the gym teachers with the exception of a few, to help you achieve the highest possible grade. Another annoyance is the attendance officer. She's nasty to everyone and there are times that she doesnt excuse absences even with a note. Also beware of roaches.