Wood River Rural High School is an above average, public school located in Wood River, NE. It has 156 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Wood River Rural High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- A-32 Students
- C+25 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wood River Rural High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Wood River Rural High School
- B-Doniphan-Trumbull Secondary School
- Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools, NE
- 23 reviews
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Public Schools, NE
- 110 reviews
- B-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Public Schools, NE
- 145 reviews
- B-Centura Secondary School
- Centura Public Schools, NE
- 19 reviews
Wood River Rural High School Reviews
Overall, this high school is very nice. The faculty members as well as community members try to make it as nice as they possibly can. They keep it clean, they keep it new, and they try to get all involved. With numerous sports and organizations to choose from, everyone can feel involved in some way, shape, or form. The teachers do their best to get the students on the right track and succeed in life. This is an accommodating school that welcomes diversity and community.
First and foremost, my experience at wood River high school have been unforgettable. I remember arriving as fifth grader, not knowing a single word in english. Yet, teachers were always working extra hours to make my dream of learning English come true. Throughout my 6 years of attending at Wood River high school, one of the things that I have liked is the way teachers make sure you learn the lessons properly. They are always making sure you are working hard and believe that you can do better. Additonally, one of the things that I like about this school is that it has given me the most help throughout the years and have taught me that there is nothing impossible. Truthfully, if I were to see something change about this school it would be food. They should put more choices and not just a couple, because not everyone has the same taste in food.
Wood River has a great education system. The teachers care a lot about the students, and the students care about their learning. The diversity is well rounded. Also, the school is very safe and clean.