Wood River High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hailey, ID. It has 923 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Wood River High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B102 Students
- A-64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A45 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+36 Students
- B35 Students
- A33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wood River High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Wood River High School Reviews
The Wood River High school is a phenomenal learning environment. They offer a variety of classes, from the arts to AP to other electives, you have to find something you enjoy at this school. There is a community feel where everyone is there to support and help you (both students and teachers). Along with academics, this school offers a variety of clubs and sports to participate in. I have taken advantage of such opportunities and could not be happier. As the president of W.A.T.E.R Club, I have been able to be involved in many activities. And am currently working on a project to make hand dryers a reality in our school. This is combating the lack of environmental awareness I see in this school (one thing I would like to change). I also previde recyling to the school through this club. WRHS provides interships, scholarships, college prepardness, meeting with professionals a commonality, and gives every student the opprunity to suceede.
I love the arts at Wood River. If you are looking for dedicated faculty and talented students in art, choir, band, orchestra, drama, etc, then Wood River is the school for you. The school as a whole has very dedicated staff, although sometimes they seem more dedicated to their bosses than to their students.
Administration sucks, everything else is okay. The new principal is a pervert, and very strange, and the admins don't go through with anything. I have been assigned two Saturday schools in which I didn't go to, and nothing happened. I also haven't registered in two years, and I'm still here. This is the first year they want me too again, and they barley even want that. Also the book guy is seriously the worst human to walk this planet.