Wolfe County High School is a public school located in Campton, KY. It has 363 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Wolfe County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-71 Students
- B-65 Students
- A-41 Students
- B+27 Students
- C24 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Wolfe County High School Reviews
The teachers pick favorites a lot. As do the principle and assistant principle. I like that we don’t have a dress code and that we have so many different activities for the students to participate in. However, the school spends way too much money on the basket ball team. Every year the team gets a new set of jerseys, new shoes, they buy lights and sound systems to ensure that our team has a “grand” entrance. Meanwhile, the band that they so desperately want to have in the pep section has no funds. At all. The school never helps to get instruments or to repair the broken ones. The color guard has no place to practice because they will not give us the gym, because the basket ball team need to practice. I also think that some of the teachers are not fit for the bill. They simply don’t teach. Out of all three of the math teachers at WCHS only one of them has ever taught me anything. And I have had them all. Each for a year. And two of them were incapable of teaching me.
Wolfe County High School has great academics, teachers, safety, and sports. They focus on academics and sports. They always push for you to push yourself and make the most of your life. The diversity at the school is close to none with about 98% white. The school does not have much money so there is almost nothing besides the gym, cafeteria, and track.
I had the opportunity to meet new people, take CNA classes, and take college classes. Taking these classes opened up my doors to many choices and responsibilities, which, taught me very valuable life lessons.