Woburn High School is an above average, public school located in Woburn, MA. It has 1,333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Woburn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A108 Students
- B+93 Students
- C+87 Students
- A+82 Students
- B62 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+42 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Woburn High School Reviews
Amazing teachers, diverse students making everybody feel welcome! Awesome sports, beautiful new school with great sport facilities. Many activities and extracurricular for everybody.
I like Woburn Memorial High School overall. Almost all teachers are very understanding and care about their students. Some teachers have been outstanding, while some I wish I never had. The food is terrible, but so are most schools food. The school is kept neat and clean constantly. The school strongly enforces school safety and makes a very good effort to communicate any arising problems with students, parents, and faculty. There are many classes to chose from when it comes to course selections. However, I do wish there was a kind of class that teaches you how to use a credit card properly, how taxes work, the easiest way to py off student loans. Woburn Memorial High School offers every kind of class from AP to EC, art to physics, theatre to calculus, and almost everything in between. The school faculty encourages students to not go home when the bell rings and stay for clubs, sports, activities, and events. There are also plenty of clubs to choose from.
Woburn High School itself is a beautiful building on well-maintained grounds. The education a student receives from Woburn High is truly an outcome of their efforts and support they receive from the right teachers. Woburn is known for its sports teams and activities, they have many. Although scary how much substance abuse and at-risk kids attend.