Wissahickon Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Ambler, PA. It has 1,360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Wissahickon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+297 Students
- A-282 Students
- A221 Students
- A-185 Students
- A+144 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+81 Students
- B80 Students
- A+73 Students
- A72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Wissahickon Senior High School
- A+North Penn Senior High School
- North Penn School District, PA
- 606 reviews
- AUpper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 309 reviews
- AMethacton High School
- Methacton School District, PA
- 302 reviews
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 254 reviews
Wissahickon Senior High School Reviews
Overall, the Wissahickon School District is an excellent one. I have made many life long friends and learned some very important lessons in these halls. My teachers have had many interesting ways of teaching us and making the curriculum interesting. This school is great!
Wissahickon High School provides students with a stimulating academic learning environment. The teachers are, for the most part, wonderful and willing to help any struggling students. One of my favorite things that Wissahickon offers is the Math/Reading labs and stars tutoring. These are extra opportunities that students are given to better understand the material they are learning. If a student needs help, STARS tutoring allows another student to set up a time and tutor them. Or, if they want a teacher they can meet a teacher in the lab during lunch or a study hall. The only issue I have with Wissahickon is the lack of school spirit among the students. Our school field day was cancelled and kids were given the day off because students would skip anyway.
I've had a really great time here at WHS. Many of the teachers and faculty are wonderful to work with and the learning curricular is great. The school is extremely diverse and offers a variety of courses and levels for all learning types. Our scheduling is a bit funny, but it works fine once you get used to it. The school itself is fairly safe and kept pretty clean. Though our Arts program is kind of small, I'm happy that we even have one. Not to mention one that is filled with the some of the best teachers. Overall, I've had a pretty great time at Wissahickon up to this point.