Wissahickon Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Ambler, PA. It has 1,337 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Wissahickon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- A237 Students
- A190 Students
- A-154 Students
- A+128 Students
- A+78 Students
- B71 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+61 Students
- A60 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Wissahickon Senior High School
- A+North Penn Senior High School
- North Penn School District, PA
- 562 reviews
- A+Upper Merion High School
- Upper Merion Area School District, PA
- 288 reviews
- AMethacton High School
- Methacton School District, PA
- 277 reviews
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 242 reviews
Wissahickon Senior High School Reviews
Wissahickon High School is an all-around excellent high school in terms of academics. The teachers, classes, curriculum, etc. are all top-notch and have been known statewide, and even nationwide, for efficiently preparing their students for college. However, the school does have some downsides. For one, despite adding a brand new pool, some parts of the school are in bad physical shape. Wissahickon often has problems with poorly-kept bathrooms, cockroaches, and even sometimes rats in the hallways. On top of that, the overall school spirit of Wissahickon is often seen as poor as well. Those two aspects notwithstanding, though, Wissahickon is a good-quality institution.
A few teachers are exceptional; very helpful, knowledgeable, patient, understanding. A couple teachers seem like they hate their job (and the kids they teach). WHS is a pretty rich high school compared to some others in the area, and overall the students do fairly well on standardized exams. The facilities could be improved. Administration could do a better job regarding conflict between students in school and finding solutions to problems in general.
Wiss is a really good school education-wise. However, many of the teachers should never have been hired. They barely do their jobs and their classes are incredibly difficult because of their lack of effort. Other teachers are absolutely fantastic. I have made many great relationships with my teachers over the years attending Wiss, and I praise the school on their ability to pick SOME teachers.