Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Wiscasset High School is a public school located in Wiscasset, ME. It has 592 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Wiscasset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B22 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+10 Students
- B-9 Students
- C7 Students
- C+5 Students
- C5 Students
- A+4 Students
- A+4 Students
- C4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Wiscasset High School
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 175 reviews
- C+Gardiner Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 11 (MSAD 11), ME
- 157 reviews
- BMorse High School
- Regional School Unit No. 01 (MSAD 01), ME
- 144 reviews
- CRichmond High School
- Regional School Unit No. 02 (MSAD 02), ME
- 16 reviews
Wiscasset High School Reviews
I came into this school from a much larger and non rural area school. So my view is very different from someone who lived in Wiscasset,ME their whole life. Although from many of the kids I had talked to they had said they wished we had more options for things such as the foods, sports, and clubs. I also found that since we have special needs kids at the high school I went to was that bullying was an issue even when addressed. I saw it on a daily basis and did my best to bring it up to the school or stop it myself to help stop it. The food, was terrible. Everytime I ate it I gained weight. The only thing stopping me from not gaining a ton back was the two gym classes I took. Overall, I would say it's an okay school. It could use improvement but I would like to say a step up from most schools because the teachers are more focused on the kids and are more helpful than other schools I had gone to.
Wiscasset is a nice school, a very relaxed environment. The teachers are nice and enjoy their job. The classes are small and allow for a lot of one-on-one time getting help if you need it.
All of the resource that we have are the best. The facilities are kept up to date and clean. We always have access to technology, we are given IPad for our school work. Our guidance counselor is very sweet and willing to work with you. We have a tone of college prep resources it is not a process that you need to go through alone. You can reserve tutoring if you ask for it. The bus transpertaion is reliable.