Winton Woods High School is a public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 1,045 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A289 Students
- A+196 Students
- A-149 Students
- A-129 Students
- B-120 Students
- B+117 Students
- B-87 Students
- B76 Students
- A-73 Students
- A63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Winton Woods High School
- BFinneytown Secondary Campus
- Finneytown Local School District, OH
- 91 reviews
- B+Deer Park Junior/Senior High School
- Deer Park Community City School District, OH
- 55 reviews
- B-Colerain High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- 336 reviews
- B-Hamilton High School
- Hamilton City School District, OH
- 191 reviews
Winton Woods High School Reviews
Great School, Winton Woods high school is based on PBL which means public based learning which really helps me prepares her for college. Winton Woods provided different clubs and other after school activities. Our football team made it to the play offs for the past 3 years we have a great track,baseball,football and basketball team. Our school is all about great pride and acceptance.
Winton Woods is a moderately good academic school. Mostly known for having a good sports program. I say that it is moderately good academically, because the criteria that we as students are supposed to learn is not taught most of the time. We have some new teachers that don’t know how to teach good. Many would teach one way that they may have learned but does not help the students understand at all. However some teachers take teaching every student in a different way into consideration. We have to meet criteria for state test and sometimes we can’t, if we never learned in the first place. Winton Woods High School is also has project based learning now. Project based learning has made some things difficult and some things easy for students. Not everything is done in groups in life , but also it makes us work together . We also have new tech learning . We do all of our work on computers , barely any traditional. Technology gives us problems a lot of the times, so it slows us down.
I know that many people have a bad misconception that Winton Woods is made up of all bad students. However, we have some of the most talented people I know, especially when it comes to the arts. Our music students are amazing, some getting into all state choir. The counselors here have helped me more than I deserved to be helped. My counselor has given me opportunities that I would have no idea about if it weren't for him.