Winthrop Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Winthrop, MA. It has 576 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Winthrop Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A95 Students
- A+74 Students
- C+73 Students
- B69 Students
- A+63 Students
- B58 Students
- A-56 Students
- B53 Students
- A+45 Students
- A42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Winthrop Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Winthrop Senior High School
- B-Saugus High School
- Saugus Public Schools, MA
- 108 reviews
- BWeymouth High School
- Weymouth Public Schools, MA
- 271 reviews
- BPeabody Veterans Memorial High School
- Peabody Public Schools, MA
- 189 reviews
- C+Chelsea High School
- Chelsea Public Schools, MA
- 154 reviews
Winthrop Senior High School Reviews
Winthrop Senior High School is a collaborative community, with mutual respect between students and teachers. I have been in class with most of my peers since the age of 5, and they are all my close friends. We all endured a transition from a trashy old middle school to a brand new state of the art high school, and we have all trained to become strong in our respective fields. We all respect each other, whether we are performers, athletes or scholars. Our teachers and administrators are strong, smart and kind, and I have made strong relationships with many.
Many of the teachers are super accepting and will be very helpful and friendly to you as long as you respect them, they even can become great friends and are more than willing to help you with recommendations and advice for your future in college and your career. The students vary, many tend to be nice and everyone can come together as it is a small close town, mostly all friendly with each other. The new building id very clean and quite nice. Wonderful theater and athletics departments both with immense talent.
My experience at Winthrop Senior High is one of an average student. There are good days and bad days, my teachers are very helpful and have the highest hopes in their students. Our activities such as sports and theater excel and often come out on top in championships. I have a a good time at school overall. What I’d wish to see change though would be lunch. The food is fairly unappetizing to day the least and rather unhealthy as it is all frozen food that is heated up and served quickly. Also there’s almost no space for the amount of students within certain lunch shifts and people must scramble to find seats, stand, or sit in the floor. Otherwise I have a pretty good experience at Winthrop Senior High.