Winterset Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Winterset, IA. It has 516 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A66 Students
- A54 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-27 Students
- B25 Students
- B19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A14 Students
- C+9 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Winterset Senior High School
- BEarlham Senior High School
- Earlham Community School District, IA
- 29 reviews
- C+Martensdale-St. Marys Junior/Senior High School
- Martensdale-St. Mary's Community School District, IA
- 19 reviews
- B+Van Meter Junior/Senior High School
- Van Meter Community School District, IA
- 34 reviews
- C+Interstate 35 Secondary School
- Interstate 35 Community School District, IA
- 4 reviews
Winterset Senior High School Reviews
Winterset Senior High School is a great place for students to receive a good education and be able to involve themselves in extracurricular activities. My high school sponsors many school clubs and organizations, as well as athletics and other activities. There are always activities students can take part in. Teachers at Winterset are knowledgeable and take pride in helping their students succeed. No student will ever feel singled out or alone at Winterset.
My favorite part of going to high school in Winterset was the opportunity to take dual credit courses. I was able to transfer 36 credits into college, and that has put me so far ahead of my classmates. I am so thankful for the teachers that devoted their time to teaching this dual credit courses. Without them, I would be completely drowning in college classes. I never would have chosen a different place to go to school. The teachers and staff are completely devoted to helping the students be successful. Teachers help wherever they can to help a student be at their best. The small classes sizes is also highly beneficial to students because of the extra one on one time with the instructors they receive.
At my high school there were a lot of opportunities for involvement. There are also opportunities for taking college courses and getting ahead of the game. We had quite a few staff members who were truly happy to be there and were more than involved with being a teacher as well as a coach. If I could change one thing, I would have the kids in my school become more aware of the fact that succeeding in going to college is important.