Winslow High School is a public school located in Winslow, ME. It has 466 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Winslow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+61 Students
- C+43 Students
- B31 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+20 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+15 Students
- C15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Winslow High School
- BWaterville Senior High School
- Waterville Public Schools, ME
- 113 reviews
- C+Cony School
- Augusta Public Schools, ME
- 92 reviews
- C+Lawrence High School
- Regional School Unit No. 49 (MSAD 49), ME
- 134 reviews
- B-Messalonskee High School
- Regional School Unit No. 18 (MSAD 18), ME
- 124 reviews
Winslow High School Reviews
Winslow High School is a great place to go to school. The majority of teachers are very talented at teaching, and we even have a teacher who is an alumni of Harvard! I love how friendly everyone is. It's like a family reuinion every day: people are fighting, people are hugging, people are talking... It's almost perfect. If I were to change one thing, however, it would be the priorities for funding extracurriculars. Most everything goes to sports, and as someone in theatre, it is very difficult to get everything we need for a performance with either no budget, or little to none. If it could be divided up a little more, it would be great.
We are a tight-knit community that is highly influenced, not only through sports but through academics as well. The town is filled with tradition and pride. The school has tons to offer. The teachers really do care about their students and teach more than their subject. The student body is around 400 children, which yes is very small compared to most, but is also just a great group of kids who love their school and town. We have a lot to offer for classes and sports. The people from Winslow really do care about each other, and it does reflect into our school through students and teachers. It has been a great high school experience so far for me and it's really all because I get the opportunity to go to Winslow high school and be a part of a close, caring community.
Winslow High School is a very close community. We have a unified basketball team and that is one of the things that I love about Winslow high school. The special ed students and the "normal" students interact daily with each other. I love how everyone knows everyone and their parents. The teachers really care about you and what is going on in your life. Sophomore year I got a card from my Spanish teacher because my dog died the day before. I wouldn't change a thing about my school.