Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Winona Senior High School is a public school located in Winona, MN. It has 942 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Winona Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B135 Students
- A109 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+47 Students
- B-44 Students
- B36 Students
- B35 Students
- A31 Students
- A-28 Students
- A26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Winona Senior High School
- BCochrane-Fountain City High School
- Cochrane-Fountain City School District, WI
- 29 reviews
- BArcadia High School
- Arcadia School District, WI
- 70 reviews
- NGWinona Area Learning Center
- Winona Area Public School District, MN
- B+Galesville-Ettrick-Trempealeau High School
- Galesville-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District, WI
- 21 reviews
Winona Senior High School Reviews
I loved going to Winona Senior High. I was involved in W-Club, Student Council, Tennis, Softball, and my freshman year I was even on the girls hockey team! As a senior last year I was also in the running for Winhawk of the year and was given opportunities to get college credit through hybrid classes! I also loved most of my teachers and made very good connections with both staff and students. Planning pep-festa and attending football games were my favorite activities. There is always something going on and things to keep students busy.
There wasn't much I liked about Winona Senior High School. Our school didn't have a lot of funding, and there were always budget cuts, but that made some of the teachers and students very resourceful and resilient. But many members - from staff to students - seemed willing to just get by on the average, which was not the same drive I held. I was able to find the place where I belonged though, helped along by a few teachers who love their work and deserve much better. There's a lot of tension within school groups that revolves mainly around funding, as that's where most of the problems in the school come from. That, and lazy, rude students with no willingness to learn.
The four years I spent at Winona Senior High School were among some of the best years of my life. Just like every one says, high school flew by for me. Those four years are just a small portion of your life, but they can be the most impactful. You discover who you are, you change, you develop, and you make plans that will change your life. One downfall about Winona Senior High School is they do not make many students aware of the college courses that may be offered to them. I believe this high school needs to make a stronger effort to prepare students for their future. Many students, including myself, did not have an older sibling to guide me on making the important decision on where to attend college, so if Winona Senior High School would add that in for students, I believe it would set many more of them up for a successful future.