grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Winneconne High School is a highly rated, public school located in Winneconne, WI. It has 519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Winneconne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus70 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade A minus27 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Homecoming week40%
- Creative Fundraisers20%
- Foreign Exchange Students Cultural Day20%
- Rivalry games20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,080 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like Winneconne High School
- grade B+Hortonville High School
- Hortonville Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 134 reviews
- grade B+West High School
- Oshkosh Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 164 reviews
- grade A minusNeenah High School
- Neenah Joint School District, WI
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 262 reviews
- grade C+Omro High School
- Omro School District, WI
- Rating 3.33 out of 5 57 reviews
Winneconne High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 45 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have attended Winneconne High School for all four years of high school, and I would say that I had a very pleasant high school experience. I am very interested in science, and this school's science department has shown me success. I have been involved in Cross Country and Track and Field, and I have had an amazing experience with that. Some things that I would like to see change would be increased diversity, as this school and area are overwhelmingly white. There are a lot of clubs at Winneconne High School, like academic clubs, community service clubs, and peer outreach clubs, which are all very fulfilling.
Attending Winneconne High School has been an incredible experience for me. I had previously attended a different school my freshman year and transferred back to Winneconne because I had missed it so badly. I missed the atmosphere of the school, the teacher-student relationship, the clubs, athletics, and the list goes on. I played 3 years of Varsity Soccer at Winneconne and created memories that will last a life time. I have created bonds with teachers who motivated me and believed in me when no one else did. Winneconne is a fantastic school. Although I struggled with CPM curriculum and the grading system, I am very grateful for the education I acquired from Winneconne High School.
I really enjoyed my experience at Winneconne High School. I can't imagine myself having attended any other school district from Kindergarten all the way to my graduation day. I met some of the best friends that I have ever had there, and the teachers and staff are amazing. Winneconne is constantly expanding and improving; they have added a number of new facilities and courses throughout the past couple years.