Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Winfield Mt. Union High School is an above average, public school located in Winfield, IA. It has 241 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Winfield Mt. Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A31 Students
- B+17 Students
- A14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A12 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Winfield Mt. Union High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Winfield Mt. Union High School
- CColumbus Community High School
- Columbus Community School District, IA
- 89 reviews
- B-WACO High School
- WACO Community School District, IA
- 14 reviews
- C+Wapello Senior High School
- Wapello Community School District, IA
- 1 review
- B-New London Junior/Senior High School
- New London Community School District, IA
- 7 reviews
Winfield Mt. Union High School Reviews
Winfield is a great school. The staff is excellent and willing to help students succeed in highschool and college. The facility is a bit old but we have amazing shop programs and electronics for the school. Our special education program is also very good. We have fairly good athletic programs our coaches encourage the athletes to push themselves and also stay on top of their academics throughout the on and off seasons. We have a excellent school lunch program the lunchroom offers ale cart.
At Winfield Mt. Union, most of the teachers are very friendly and care a lot about their students. Many classes, in my opinion, are too easy. I feel that many teachers don't prepare adequeatly enough for each day.
I'm a big sports fan, myself. Currently, there are a few decent sports programs for those interested in trying out. The games aren't always successful, but the football team made the playoffs this year, which we haven't done in 15 years. Also, in addition to football, there's also other varsity sports options, including cross country, basketball, wrestling, track & field, baseball, and soccer. In addition, there's also a football cheerleading and wrestling cheerleading program. I even started my own spirit program, called Spirit Star: there is a point system (working towards a cool medal and special courtesies) for spirit and sportsmanship, as well as academics and in-class behavior. I'm good at the performing arts, too, but I'm more of a sports fan than a music fan. There is one sport NOT in the school that I'm really good at: airsoft (similar to paintball, except we shoot plastic BB's instead of paintballs).