Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Winfield High School is an above average, public school located in Winfield, WV. It has 827 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Winfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-275 Students
- A-245 Students
- A-78 Students
- C+75 Students
- B-73 Students
- B-55 Students
- C+50 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-31 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Winfield High School Reviews
Very good academic school. If you are looking for a school to get you college ready this is a perfect option. Overall good clubs and activities. Some of the sports teams are biased toward certain players (Basketball ESPECIALLY). Not a very diverse school, mostly white students. Very safe school, minimal threats. We have a resource officer on duty at all times. Most teachers are good, few bad apples but you will have that anywhere. Food gets a D-, bring your own lunch! Music and Arts is fairly good from what i know. Resources are mostly good, once again few bad apples.
My overall experience with Winfield High has been pretty great. I transferred at the beginning of my junior year and am now attending my senior year there, as well. The teachers take the time to help you understand the material they are teaching and they’re all about school spirit! Not just that, but the students there generally are more kind and helpful, especially compared to my other school. I feel included, like I belong there. With all of that being said, I can say truly and sincerely, Winfield is a wonderful and hardworking school and I’m grateful I’m part of our generals community! It deserves a 5 out of 5 stars.
I’ve loved Winfield ever since I first stepped foot in the doors freshman year! The teachers are strive to do their best and care about each individual student. The overall environment at Winfield is amazing! The principal, himself, is extremely positive and truly loves his school!