Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Winfield High School is a public school located in Winfield, KS. It has 667 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Winfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-105 Students
- B-89 Students
- A-61 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-52 Students
- B38 Students
- B+30 Students
- B25 Students
- A19 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Winfield High School
- C+Arkansas City High School
- Arkansas City Unified School District, KS
- 78 reviews
- NGDexter High School
- Dexter Unified School District, KS
- B-Udall High School
- Udall Unified School District, KS
- 18 reviews
- B-Central Junior/Senior High School
- Central Unified School District, KS
- 12 reviews
Winfield High School Reviews
Winfield High School is a great school, but with some drawbacks. The teachers and staff are absolutely wonderful and inspire students to do more than just be good academically. Most teachers focus on the individual's learning as opposed to the grades associated, and make the process easier and less stressful on the kids. The resources available are also very well done, with the library being open all day, and their student-led Tech Team always be happy to help. The school, however, lacks diversity in their demographic if that's something you want to keep in mind.
Winfield High School was predominantly centered around who your family was and what they contributed to the community. And I while I believe that credit should go to those who work hard, I don’t think that your family should define you when you’re trying to get an education and create a name for yourself. Your family dictates how your teachers treat you, how teams are decided in sports, and who your friend group is. I think that Winfield High School and the rest of the schools within the school district should change how they treat the up and coming generation of children and young adults. These prejudices and biased opinions create an unfair environment for diploma seeking individuals who want to go to college and earn a degree in the near future. I also believe that they should better prepare us for our futures instead of focusing on “well this is what college will be like so you better learn the way and get used to it”.
I have had a great experience at winfield high school! I have made a lot of amazing friends throughout my years here and have also had several great teachers that have helped me succeed in learning what I need to know for college! However, I would like to see the food options change. I think we would benefit if we had fresh healthy food that also taste good!