Winfield High School is an above average, public school located in Winfield, AL. It has 406 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Winfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A72 Students
- B61 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-39 Students
- A36 Students
- B33 Students
- A-28 Students
- B26 Students
- A-21 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Winfield High School
Winfield High School Reviews
The teachers at Winfield City High School are some of the best in the area. They do everything possible to make sure we understand the lessons. They also love to get us involved through technology. For example, each teacher has a Haiku website and a classroom set of computers so we can further our education through technology. Each teacher has a strong grading chart that they stick to all year. Our teachers use percents, for example, homework is fifteen percent, tests are thirty percent, and so on. My teachers do not favorite any specific student. There is a student in my class that is world-known for his track and field abilities, but our teachers make sure he is getting the exact same education as everyone else. Many people move to Winfield every year because of our teachers. They do everything in their power to make us learn as much as possible. Our teachers are also very knowledgeable. My physics teacher is also an engineer, so she is very knowledgeable and can teach us a lot. She also makes labs fun. I know that if I ever need help with a class, I can go to my teachers room during our break or after school. Winfield is a small town, so I feel very one on one with my teachers. They make us feel very welcome to come to them and ask questions. Overall, my teachers are, in my opinion, some of the best in the state!
I graduated, in '06, back when Winfield was a the top of it's game. Which Winfield can't be to blame for the lowering of standards. When I was in school all the testing was harder and getting scholarships was nearly impossible without high scores. Now you can get a scholarship for just about anything.
I love Winfield so much! I had a really bad experience at my old school, I was home-schooled for two years and was terrified to go back to school. If it wasn't for the awesome staff, I do not think I would have been able to make the transition back into school.