Windthorst High School is an above average, public school located in Windthorst, TX. It has 154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Windthorst High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B36 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+16 Students
- B15 Students
- A13 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+11 Students
- A8 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Windthorst High School Reviews
I transferred to Windthorst during middle school, and on the very first day, I knew it was exactly where I was suppose to be. It is a small town which makes it easy to get connections and to make friends. I built friendships and relationships that will last a lifetime. Windthorst is all about traditions and keeping those small town values at heart. I would not trade my experience for anything- Windthorst will always be a place that I can call home. I do not believe that I would change anything in Windthorst because it has it's own special character.
Windthorst High School is one of the best small schools. Since it is so small, all the teachers know about every single student. The teachers are very polite and easy to get along with. They're always there for you, when in need of help on any subject. They have so many teaching styles that consists of watching videos, book work, practicing on white boards and much more! My favorite is learning vocabulary by spelling them out in shaving cream! All of our teachers have great knowledge. They usually always know the answers to a problem or question, if we ask them. Our teachers are very interested in us students as well! They know what we agree and disagree on, our plans for the future, what we could work on more in school for better knowledge, and even know a little about where we can from and what we enjoy to do. Almost all of them support us in all we do; if it's sports, school, or etc. Communication skills are very good! All teachers have a class number that will send out group messages, to remind us about activities going on and what we need to bring. Also, they will let us know ahead of time on what we will be doing that week for if we have to make up work, if out. Now with the consistency of grading, they are usually pretty fair and constant about it. Most every teacher has the same grading policy, unless it's a science class. Science classes have a little different grading system due to labs. So this is all about our school and what the teachers bring, to make it an excellent school.
My experience at Windthorst was what every high school experience should be. It’s a very small close knit town where everywhere you go you know someone. The only thing I would change about Windthorst High School is the lack of course available. That’s the only downside of going to a small school.