Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Windsor Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Windsor, IL. It has 145 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Windsor Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B29 Students
- B26 Students
- A+16 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B8 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
- A-4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Windsor Junior/Senior High School
Schools like Windsor Junior/Senior High School
- B-Okaw Valley High School
- Okaw Valley Community Unit School District No. 302, IL
- 47 reviews
- BNeoga Senior High School
- Neoga Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- 34 reviews
- B-Mattoon High School
- Mattoon Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 146 reviews
- B-Sullivan High School
- Sullivan Community Unit School District No. 300, IL
- 24 reviews
Windsor Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Teachers were good. Passionate about teaching, happy to answer questions and help, reasonable and understanding. The small size of the district means more attention per individual from teachers. Small school also meant anyone could get involved in anything that interests them. Everyone can make the team. No one doesn’t make the cut. You get lots for extra curricular activities. Good sports teams and coaches. Only downsides are no football and no off-campus lunch.
Windsor Jr./Sr. High is a country school with low diversity, low incomes, and low funding... But, there is always high spirits. The administration is above average and they do the best they can with the resources they have. Being in a poverty-stricken area, the school does its best to educate and prepare each student. I believe that the teachers really do see potential and growth in each student and see the best version of each kid. I appreciate my time here and I am thankful for all that Windsor High gave to me.
I enjoyed going there but it is a very white community and the athletics are average. Most of the teachers are great and want to see you succeed but some of them are just there because it is a job. There are not too many organizations that are available but their student council is active along with the national honor society. Other than that the teachers are pretty chill and let you do about anything you want. One class me and my friends spent the entire day just making puns about the buttons on a calculator.